ASG Solution Delivery Process at a Glance
ASG Solution Delivery starts with Business Process Study & Gap Analysis that helps ASG consultant assess your business needs and leads to a solution architecture, laying the foundation for how the solution will fit into your environment to address your business needs. Together, we design the solution to meet your transaction / business process automation requirements.
Understand ASG’s best practices available. We make sure that you review every process thoroughly which is efficient, effective and inline with the operational and management needs of your business.
The very purpose of ASG Solution Delivery is
- To deliver you the right checks and balances,
- To keep your system in good health,
- To deliver you the right information at the right time that helps you decide, your business perform
ASG Solution Delivery happens through a 5 step process
1. SOP, Business Process Study, Gap Analysis and Project Plan
- ASG Consultant provides you the solution capabilities & limits by understanding your business.
- Your business could be a new start up or an existing business. But SOP gives you an opportunity to revisit your business process step by step, define check points and controls that would work and keep your business under control even during your absence
- Defining SOP for your business by GoFrugal consultant results in implementing the best business practices. It helps GoFrugal consultant understand your pain points and to configure the solution that could address.
- Though different organizations may do similar business, there could be lot of subtle differences the way they operate & manage. GoFrugal solution is configured after understanding your business process, the controls & check points that you already have for different processes. Our Solution Delivery process ensures that GoFrugal solution best suits your business
- Each business case is mapped with GoFrugal solution and the gap between your business need and the available solution is identified
- A project plan is prepared which captures the severity & priority of the requirements and the time line that would take to get the solution ready, along with the list of activities involved, dependencies and ownership
- The hardware sizing is done to recommend the right hardware that suits the requirement and budget
2. Master Data Design, User/Role Mapping, Data Migration
- Master Data is the foundation on which entire solution is built. The most important factor that decides what you can get out of the system
- Re-defining the inventory structure and changing the default parameters after going on line is like refueling in the mid air (i.e) The cost of fueling on the ground will be 1/10 against the cost of fueling in the air. So it is highly recommended to start the right way by giving quality time to define the inventory structure than redoing the entire process after starting the transactions
- GoFrugal consultant understands your reporting and operational requirements and designs the inventory masters he also ensures that
- The inventory masters are designed optimally to deliver inventory management needs
- Appropriate inventory type assigned to the SKUs based on it’s nature and usage. It is highly important to define the right inventory type so that the benefit is realized. For eg. If the item is identified with unique serial number, it’s inventory type should be ‘Serialized’, if it is an item having various attributes such as Design, Size, Brand etc. it has to be created with ‘Matrix’ inventory type and appropriate configuration that is specific to the inventory type of the item is defined so that the usability is tuned to the best and operation is accurate
- The reorder level which when set correctly, helps in the automation of replenishment and central purchase
- Other fields such as gatekeeper margin, minimum shelf life etc. are used to validate the inventory while making the receipt entry itself. Hence, arresting the chances of inventory loss at the root cause
- Item specific bar code settings which goes along with the inventory type. I.e running bar code for serialized or high value inventory, bar code which is embedded with category / item code / selling price for matrix inventory etc. enhances the usability and performance at Point of Sales, reduces chances of mistakes and increases Customer credibility for selling the products at the right price
- The inventory is categorized based on your reporting needs
- Item naming convention is standardized which helps the users to select the item with lesser key strokes and also reduces duplicate item creation and better reporting
- Defining VAT and other masters as per the statutory compliance and Contact Master – Customers / Suppliers / Manufacturers etc. and get the masters complete and ready to begin the transactions
- ASG consultant understands each role and their responsibility and maps Users / Roles and configures the security policy for critical business processes. Right checks are set to prevent fraud and malpractices
- There is a common approach to migrate master data from previous system to GoFrugal solution. It surely saves time taken to enter all master data. But you need to ask some critical questions before we do it
- Is your master data designed to meet your business needs?
- What is your confidence on quality of master data?
- Are you clear about the long term issues of poor master data?
- Do you understand the benefits of quality master data?
- Remember garbage-in, garbage-out and quality master data is the foundation for great solution
3. Product enhancements if any, User Acceptance, Solution Configuration
- Requirements identified during gap analysis that are ‘Must to have’ requirements to start the deployment are developed first. So, the solution gets ready for user acceptance
- A test environment is created at your place and the solution is reviewed against every business case
- ASG solution is configured based on the SOP document and the solution is tested and approved by different level of users involved
- Functional / Operational issues found if any, are documented and end-user feedback on the usability is collected. This helps us fine tune the solution for pilot deployment
4. Pilot Deployment, End User Training
- A Pilot Deployment release is made, that addresses the feedback collected collected during user acceptance.
- The solution is again implemented in the test environment to get ‘go a head’ approval.
- Once the solution is approved, the users are trained as per their role. Training is conducted separately for different roles and ASG recommends to record such training sessions to avoid re-training and it’s cost.
- The IT Team is trained on the software management tools in order to maintain the implementation with minimal support and to manage the down time.
- The solution is implemented at one or two locations
- The security configuration and product configuration is set as per SOP document
- Print settings and other environment settings are done
- Master data migration or master database prepared is restored to start the operations
- EDI is established between different locations
- Transaction processing starts with ASG solution at different locations
- Feedback is collected from the end users and their functional heads on transaction processing, reports, functional / operational / usability issues
- If any show stopper issue is found at the time of pilot deployment, the same gets fixed before going for production deployment
5. Production Deployment / Go Live
- The solution is packaged for volume deployment including a step-by-step implementation guide to execute the implementation at all locations. The list of pre-requisites for Hardware, Networking, Internet etc. are clearly specified and the same is handed over to the IT Team at Customer’s end
- The solution is implemented at all business locations through the IT Team or by ASG implementation team
- Implementation reviewed against the checklist and implementation gets signed-off and handed over to the IT Team at your end